MASS TIMES and calendar
One Church One Message is about getting every one that attends our church to hear the same message on a given week. At Holy Eucharist this means that our children, students and adults are all being taught a similar theme - so families can discuss it. It means that at every Mass, we repeat the same homily so that every adult has heard the exact same message. One Church One Message is simply about getting everybody in the parish headed in the same direction, as with geese flying in formation, or a crew team rowing together.
The message is what we call our weekend homily. It is the centerpiece of our church communication.We invite you to read, reflect and pray on these messages.
July 2, 2017 - 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- When life is going well, do you tend to plan and prepare for future challenges or just enjoy the
moment? What are the strengths and weaknesses of your approach?
- Why is it difficult for people to remember the good things in their lives when they’re facing a
- What is one thing you can do this week to create a memorial of God’s faithfulness in your life, so
that light can bring hope to the darkness in your life now or in the future? How can this group
June 25, 2017 - 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Have you ever felt behind financially, relationally, or emotionally? Have you ever felt so behind that
you didn’t know how to start catching up? The more time went by, the more you lost hope. These are
bottom-of-the-ninth moments. But when you feel down, don’t lose hope. You’re never out. You can still
turn the game around.
1. What is your favorite baseball movie? Why do you enjoy it?
2. Talk about a time when you felt behind in life. What did you do to catch up?
3. What is one area of your life in which you’re currently facing a bottom-of-the-ninth moment?